STRATOSPHERE by John Patrick Robbins

We escaped for a moment, and that was apparently for a moment too long.

All my dreams were dispersed into a void of emptiness as you were a victim of choice.

I cannot fathom the end, but no matter my readiness, it is most certainly here.

Heartbreaks are fragments of bad choices and damn near fatal accidents.

Now all I am left with is this broken shell and a barely functioning memory.

The poison is within reach as it is inside of me.

I cannot fathom what lies ahead.

I just know that in my life I got it all wrong.

There's no turning back, as at the beginning of any story, the saddest truth comes with the realization it must inevitably end.

As with that said, I am gone.

 

John Patrick Robbins, is a Southern Gothic writer and editor of The Rye Whiskey Review his work has been published in Lothlorien Poetry Journal, Disturb The Universe, Horror Sleeze Trash, Piker Press, A Thin Slice Of Anxiety and Fixator Press.

His work is often dark and always unfiltered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIVER FUGUE IN A♭ by Andre Peltier

from SICK, POOR, AND STUPID by Brad Liening

JETHRO TULL by Ryan Quinn Flanagan